In a solid 90 minutes this morning at the Lincoln Center tents (thanks for the invite, Jill Stuart!), here’s what I have identified as the prevailing takeaways of the season. (Click on any of the pictures to embiggen.)
1. Neon yellow is it for dudes. Extra bonus points if your neon takes the form of a Cambridge satchel. (Hello there, Mister Brad Goreski!)
2. Shiny! Then again, when is it ever not the height of fashion to wear shiny? Personally I’d put all three of these pieces together (mixing metals = the chicest) and be a blinding cacophony of lamé and sartorial ballstothewallness.
3. I need to buy new shoes. Because holy mother of god, look at these.
4. Don’t wear pants. This might only apply if you’re a model.
5. Commit to your look. In the age of ubiquitous street style photography, one might also be tempted to call this phenomenon “Asking for it.”
Awesome pictures, Hels. And good fashion advice, I shall be wrapping all of Oliver’s shoes in reflective neon tape.
Yeah ditto on the photo love. The pics are great! And YES to neon.
Totally loving the neon yellow Jen xoxo http://mystylisticlife.wordpress.com
I am excited to go pants-less for fall. Oh wait…
I’m dying for that neon. Dying.